Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Learning Time

I recently read somewhere that by the age of 17 months your child should be able to sort things by color, shape, and type. WHAT! SERIOUSLY??!! So of course I was very aware of the fact that Addie did NOT know her shapes and colors and freaked out! So..I decided to make a project for Addie to become more knowledgeable in this area! I went to Micheal's and purchased plain wooden circles, rectangles and squares. I had to make the triangles because I couldn't find any. Then I purchased some paint and we painted the primary colors of red, blue and yellow. I found an old St. Joseph's shirt that I used to wear during P.E. when I was in middle school. It makes a perfect smock for Addie!
.
.
.
Of course we painted the newspaper too!
.
.
.
Last night Addie said "yellow" and "red" so she is gettin' it!
.
.
.
.
.
.Then we did hand prints and wrote the color above the hands. She loves to look at her hand prints! It is so funny. She waves to the piece of paper where her hands are stamped!
.
.
.

No comments: