Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Folly Gras!

I had a FABULOUS time at the beach with the girls! This was the view from our porch! We had beautiful sunny skies on Thursday.....then the rain.....and snow came on Friday!

Ginny, Red Les, me, Christine, Eryn, Amos, Kelly, Kat and Sara
We celebrated with Kat since this is her last weekend with us girls before her wedding next month! This wasn't your traditional bachelorette party but it was a blast!

Even though we thought it would snow we still had to venture inland for some fabulous Italian food! Mmm.....Creamy tomato basil soup and butter nut squash ravioli with brown butter and sage! Oh and the bread....melt in your mouth good! I also learned what having a drink "up" meant! I ordered a Gimlet and the waitress asked if I wanted that "up" and I simply said "I honestly have no idea what that means...I normally pour my wine from a box so educate me!" I ended up being an "on the rocks" kinda girl but at least now I know "up" means no ice! I know...I know...I need to get out more!

When we left the restaurant...there was already about 2 inches of snow on the ground....fabulous! Charleston hasn't seen snow in a LONG time!

We headed to Folly Gras on Saturday and it was fabulous! No floats.....just decorated golf carts and lots of interesting people! I loved it. The parade was so small that when everyone in the parade got to the end of the street....they did a u-turn and decided to come back down the street again....fire truck and all! Of course no one knew the parade was going to do a u-turn so everyone ended up being in the parade because we had already filled the streets! Fun!




The necklace that Addie made me fit in perfectly with this crowd!
A cute fireman threw me a souvenir! Ok...so he was probably throwing it to some sweet child that I trampled in the process of retrieving the hat! I think he really meant for me to have it though!






This is another picture taken from our porch!

The weekend was a huge success! Can't wait to get together again soon!

1 comment:

Christine said...

OMG- What fun pictures. We DID have a blast. I can't wait till next month and the chance to "educate" you on the fine workings of the bar scene. We have some more tricks in that area to explore.
Peace and Love,
Christine