Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow!

Sunday night it snowed 6 inches in Woodstock, well 5.8 to be exact! I woke up Monday morning at 6am to the sound of an incoming text message from my boss "Well..this is a first..stay home....I am officially closing the office due to the weather"! Yee Haw! He officially closed the office Tuesday as well. Not sure if today was officially open or closed but only a handful of people were able to make it into the office (me..not being one of them). Addie and I found plenty to do during our 5 day weekend! We had a couple play dates, had a fabulous lunch with Ya Ya and Granddad (Thanks for cooking Ya Ya), fed the birds, made Valentine Cards, clipped and organized coupons, washed, dried and put away laundry, jumped in the jumpy house, played 8 million games in Addie's playroom, cleaned out Addie's closet, filled up a plastic bin with toys Addie no longer plays with, hung pictures, had a snow ball fight, went sledding, read "Alberto The Dancing Alligator" so many times that Addie corrected me if I read the wrong words, watched "Tinker Bell and The Great Fairy Rescue" about 3 times and more more more! We had a BLAST! Of course those reading this probably did the same because they too were stuck in their house for 3 days straight.....and you probably know that it is impossible to keep a three year old sitting still for more than 30 seconds unless of course Tinker Bell is on the TV!

Play date from Sunday with Kenz, Krista and Emma! They played wonderfully together...and only got in one fight..Ha!

Some pictures of The Snow Storm of 2011 rolling in...it literally looked like God was pulling a white fluffy SNOW blanket over the clear blue sky.....
Addie had a blast throwing snowballs and trying to pull me on the sled........

She was exhausted after playing!


The picture below shows how deep it got in my yard..you can hardly see Addie's boots!



Thank Goodness we had something for the squirrels......Buffet at Beth's house.....


We ventured out today and after sliding around a little bit we were able to make it to McDonald's..of course! and Kroger! I did not want to cook anymore and we were in desperate need of milk and Charmin! Back to school and work tomorrow! Of course given the temperatures are in the teens tonight...I won't be making it into work until after the roads de-ice in the morning! Back to reality! Oh well..I think I can handle a two day work week!

No comments: