Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

As a mom there are many memories you want to....well remember....easier said than done. This blog has helped me document so many small details about wonderful things I have done with my family and friends. This particular blog post is more or less for me and my bad memory and will probably bore those who choose to press on....

.

Addie has hit a lot of milestones in her life...She started walking just at 10 months, she was potty trained right when she turned two, she knows her alphabet and can count and recognize numbers, write her name and lots of other noteworthy things...but she can also give a smile that warms the heart...a hug that heals the heart and an "I love you Momma" that keeps the heart pumping strong!

.
Just a few things that I have noticed, and actually love, about Addie that is completely off subject but noteworthy...to me at least...is whenever you watch a new movie with Addie it is imperative to watch this movie with remote control in hand and finger on the "pause" button ready to push at a second's notice. Addie will ask, and this is ok with me, a million questions when watching a movie for the first...and sometimes second time..until she has fully grasped the entire concept of the movie.
Addie: "Is He bad?"

Addie: "Is She Bad?"

Addie: "Are They bad?"

Addie: "WHO is bad?" (she wants to know right away who is good and who is bad)

Addie: "Who is behind that door?"

Addie: "What are they going to do next"

Addie: "Why is her hair so long?"

Addie: "Are they friends?" (why or why not)

.
Something else that I know every parents deals with is....their children's artwork...what to keep and what to (throw away sounds awful so I'll just say)...not keep. One thing I have learned is that you can never throw any of your child's artwork out in front of them or they will freak out...even if it is just a dot of color on a page that you actually mistook for trash rather than art....
Addie: "No Momma...I wanted that"
Me: "Oh..ok..what were you gonna do with it?"
Addie: "Save it"
Me: "Save it for what exactly?"
Addie: "dunno...just saving it?"
Then once she goes to bed and it "disappears" she somehow never asks for it again and never remembers it again and apparently is "saving it" for something that must be in the future because she has not asked me for it since.

.
Of course all of these conversations I have with Addie lead me to the sad but also wonderful fact that my little baby...girl...is growing up. I am sad to say that Addie is almost done with the rocking chair stage. I rock her every night before she gets in her bed and lately it has seemed quite cramped. I actually got teary eyed tonight while rocking her because I started to realize this was yet another sign that my baby was growing up. It really does happen too fast. I love every new stage that comes along but I try to cherish the old stages too. Your child will someday stop asking you to "pick me up momma" or "hold my hand" or "sing to me" or "lay with me a little longer" or "play with me momma" and "momma" might turn to "mom".......so put the dishes down...they can be done later...leave the laundry in the basket...it can be done later.....and eat up all those feel good things because they won't last forever. Cherish Yesterday. Live Today. Dream Tomorrow.

No comments: