Friday, April 10, 2009

Boo Boos Happen

Addie has her first real boo boo. I received a call from her daycare this past Tuesday and they stated that Addie's finger was accidentally closed in a door. Her teacher opened the door to her classroom and was talking to someone outside of the classroom and did not realize Addie had walked behind the door. When the door closed Addie's finger was pinched in the door. At first we thought it was just a bad pinch but then it started to swell. Of course I had not driven to work on Tuesday (carpool) and thank goodness one of my friends was able to drive me back to my car (30 minute drive---Thank you SOO much Tara). When I went to pick up Addie I could hear her talking to the daycare director in the main office and she seemed perfectly fine. I rounded the corner and Addie saw me and she immediately went into sad mode saying "Momma...Boo Boo". Poor thing. Her finger was very swollen and had a lot of blood pockets under the skin. (Sorry..I don't know the medical term). I took Addie to Children's Hospital where she had three X-rays which showed a fractured middle finger.

As you can see....the finger brace and Ace bandage do not slow Addie down! She seems to feel fine...thank goodness!

She should have the brace and bandage off in a week.

We have a new display of stickers and band aids on the Ace bandage every day. I think she left the house this morning with 5 band aids covering the ace bandage.

She is very proud of her "boo boo" and wants to show everyone.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I did not realize her bandage was soooo big. She is really a trooper!!!! I hope that her booboo heals very quickly. Give that sweet girl a huge hug for Granddad and YaYa!

Tara Verdigets said...

Bless her heart! Glat Aunt Tara could be of help!!

Amy said...

Oh - my sweet girl! Seeing that big bandage on her little hand makes me sad. I'm glad she's okay and milking it! Give her a kiss for me. I'll see you soon!