Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

First, I can't believe it has been three weeks since my last post...wow. I'll just skip to the most recent weekend so i won't bore you guys! Ha!

Addie and I put flags around the house for the 4th! Addie thought we were getting ready for another party at the house! Ha! She loved it.



And of course what is the 4th of July weekend without a trip to Fernbank to see dinosaurs.....




Addie has really been into dinosaurs lately so I thought she would enjoy seeing how big they actually were in comparison to her tiny size! I don't think Addie believed me when I told her they used to be real. Their foot was bigger than the two of us combined! Huge!



Waaaay above Addie's head you can see the head of a dinosaur! Addie looks so tiny in this huge atrium.


Addie was a little startled by the topiaries at first!


Then she did her usual staring contest with the dinosaur just like she does with all new people! I think the dinosaur won this staring contest!

Granddad and Addie! Oh No....the dinosaur is biting their hands!


I think Addie's favorite part of Fernbank was the dead bee we saw outside the center! Wow...so glad we traveled to Fernbank for that bee! Ha!


Saturday morning we got up bright and early and headed to grandmammas for a parade! Addie was anxiously staring at the street wondering why we had chairs out on the street watching cars go by.

Finally her patience paid off and we had a ton of candy thrown our way, saw bands, really cool cars and of course...cross-dressers....Wait...cross-dressers??!!!



Four Generations!

Grandmamma's hydrangeas are unbelievable! Gorgeous!

After the parade, and a great afternoon with the family, Addie and I hung out with some of my friends! They also have a daughter named Addie!
The Dora sleeping bags were a hit! Thanks Lisa!
This was Addie's first reaction to the fireworks!


She eventually warmed up to them but this was after she sat in my lap with not only her ears covered but her eyes covered as well! This was the latest Addie has ever stayed up with me before. I couldn't believe she stayed awake until almost 10:30. She normally goes to bed every night at 7:30. I was a stickler for her bedtime until she turned 2...now I am learning to loosen up a bit! I think Addie would have lasted longer but she fell asleep in the car on the way home. Of course the juice boxes......sugar cookies....and potato chips helped her stay awake too!

2 comments:

Kat Dawg said...

The pigtails are precious. Looks like the birthday party was a smashing success!

Ginny said...

A good parade is not complete without cross dressers! :-) Love the first pic with the pigtails and the flag, that is precious. Also very cute of Addie & Addie!