Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Little Things

I have to admit..I am not a "news" person. I don't watch it and I don't read it. I like to live in my little bubble as I know it. Now don't think I am naive to things going on....I just don't need to know the everyday details per se. But...with all of the awful things going on in Africa right now....it is hard to not take a closer look at how LUCKY we are to be in America and have the freedom to live our lives the way we want. My life...I choose a bubble. People that live in a world where democracy does not exist have no choice but to live outside of a happy bubble.
Japan.....I am sure a lot of the people who have been touched by the earthquake and tsunami have changed what they value in their life today as opposed to March 11, 2011. This brings me to my title and point.....time to take a closer look at the little things I appreciate and love in my life. These things do not have a Prada tag on them or a price tag at all for that matter. These things I value and cherish most in my life are things that are mostly free. I think I cherish time most of all...that is the time I spend with my daughter, family and friends. I did a lot of this in March and I can't believe March is over.


We celebrated granddad's birthday with yummy cupcakes! Mmm!


We had craft time...which I LOVE and thank goodness Addie loves it too! Here is our latest Easter footprint craft on stretched canvas!



We had "Cowgirl" dress up time! My Uncle Tommy gave this outfit to my sister and me a long time ago. YaYa added the red cowgirl hat for Addie and ....Voila...you have the cutest cowgirl around!





The cowgirl hat came just in time for "Crazy Hat Monday" at Addie's school!(below picture) Addie LOVED wearing her cowgirl hat to school all day!



We had outside play time. Addie was on a roll bringing things outside from her playroom...I think she asked me "Momma...can I bring a stuffed animal outside to play". Is it just me or does "A stuffed animal" mean "one"........


Now Disney needs to get some hints for their next movie from Addie...Sebastian drinking out of a dog bowl from Littlest Pet Shop while Mrs. Pots from Beauty and the Beast serves tea...and don't forget Marie from Aristocats and Penny from 101 Dalmatians supervising in the background...I think we also ended up with a unicorn and some princess from a far off land in the mix too...


I enjoyed outside play time too....

While we were outside I was soo excited to see our tulips starting to bloom! Yay..spring is really here! Tulips are my absolute favorite flower..purple tulips!


We spent an afternoon with Grandmamma Lowry!

We took home a ton of her beautiful camellias for our house!

Grandmamma found some lilacs in her yard too!


Addie and I enjoyed the Leprechauns that came to our house and did some very mischievous things on St. Patrick's Day. They turned our milk green and our pasta green too.....


Addie and I were thoroughly surprised...and excited! Thank goodness it didn't affect the taste of Cheerios!




Addie enjoyed more dress up! We celebrated Aunt Winnie's birthday in March too but for some reason I only have pictures of Addie and Granddad at her birthday celebration...sorry Aunt Winnie!



We had more craft time.....Notice how neat my dining room table is when we are having craft time...the floor..even worse! Thank goodness for our Swiffer! I couldn't exactly tell you what we made here...but we started with paper towel rolls and a toilet paper roll....then of course some hand print wings....then just kind of did what we were feeling I guess! Love it!




I also ran the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston with 40,000 other people! The picture below is a picture of me after the 10K holding two waters, a banana and a bagel.....this was after I had already finished off a banana and some ice cream at the finish line!




The picture below was just something I thought was funny........Probably the Historic Charleston Foundation told the demolition team, or the termites, that the door had some history behind it and it had to stay.......



Last but not least we celebrated another birthday for Addie's good friend Mackenzie. You can always tell a party is a success if Addie falls asleep in the car about 1 minute after leaving....I can still see a tiny bit of my "baby' girl when she is asleep. What a March we had! The little things..camellias...outside play time....cowgirl hats.....hugs....smiles...and tiaras! I love them all!


No comments: