Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Circus and CANDY!!!!

We went to our 4th circus show with Addie this year! We have gone every year since Addie was born..hard to believe. We started when Addie was 9 months old. We being YaYa, Granddad, Addie and myself!
Last year we learned that if you get to the circus an hour early you get to go down on the floor and see one of the elephants up close and personal. Wow..those things are HUGE! YaYa was nervous it was going to stampede and thought we should stay in our seats! Thank goodness no one was saying "told you so" because we went down on the floor...and there was no stampede! This elephant's talent was to paint a picture by holding paint brushes with his trunk. Addie LOVED this. All day long I asked Addie what her favorite part of the circus was and she kept coming back to "the elephants". So..I am glad we got there early!



Of course eating is a huge part of the Circus...Addie actually turned down popcorn though..Can you believe it?! We couldn't.

Later that weekend Addie and I made peppermint patties from scratch. Oh My Goodness. Not to toot my own horn but I thought they were delicious! Peppermint Patties are one of my favorite candies. So when I found the recipe and realized how easy they were to make...I was thrilled!

Addie pretty much just ate the powdered sugar while I did everything else! She had it ALL over her....






Taste test! Success!


We added pink food coloring just for fun! You can't really tell from this picture but the recipe made a TON! I kept it in my freezer. I was curious to see how long it would stay fresh if I kept it in the freezer but needless to say....it only lasted a week. Mmm. Mmm. Good.

No comments: