Sunday, July 25, 2010

Blueberry picking!

Sadly enough..I wasn't quite sure what a blueberry bush actually looked like until we went to this farm! I asked the man who was helping us "So..where do we go to pick the blueberries?" and he said "Oh..they are everywhere". I had to ask him to physically show me a blueberry bush. Of course I was standing right next to one!
Berry Patch Farms does do not use any pesticides or chemicals on the blueberries so you can eat them straight off the bush! They were sooo much better than the blueberries you get in the grocery store!


Addie ate her weight in blueberries! As you can see....she loved them!


We had to stop for some dandelion wishes along the way!


Addie quickly learned that the green berries needed to stay on the tree a little longer! They were not that tasty yet.
I could not believe how inexpensive blueberries were when you pick them yourself! It was $2.50 for a pound and a half of blueberries!



We then headed home for some blueberry and vanilla ice cream! Mmm!

Addie actually looks a little blue in this picture....Ha!

No comments: