Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer Reading Program!

Is it bad when the first thing your child says in the morning when she gets out of bed is "Mom..I am not going to bite ANYBODY today and I'm not going to show anyone my boobies".
Hmm....if she is not going to do it today...does that mean she has been doing this before? Too funny...we had to have a discussion, on a 3 year old level, about who should see our bodies and who should not see our bodies. Needless to say it gave me a vision of me having the birds and the bees talk with Addie in the future. It was difficult to have with a straight face!

On a different note Addie and I participated in the Summer Reading Program at our library. The program was called "Splash Into Summer". We only had to read 20 books (me reading them to Addie) before we hit our goal! Once we hit the program's goal Addie got to write her name on a fish and put it on a board in the library. She wrote the "A" all by herself! She thought this was really cool to have her name up in the library. It is part of our library ritual now to go and find her fish, which never moves from the 1st place we put it! She is going to be really sad when the library changes this bulletin board!



Addie also got a free kid's meal from Chick Fil A! Thanks Chik Fil A!


On a funny note...Addie and I had a blast pretending her body had disappeared in the bath the other night!

Of course we had to pretend Dora lost her body too...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Addie,
Congratulations on reading all of those books this summer. Keep up the good work.
Love you bunches,
YaYa

Also, I love the pictures of you and Dora in all the bubbles. It looks like sooooo much fun.

Anonymous said...

Love the bath pictures! She is so stinkin' cute. kat