Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fall is Finally Here!

No, it is not a computer glitch. It really has been 4 months since my last blog post. Blogging became more of a chore than a fun hobby so I decided to take the summer off. I was going to try and catch up but 4 months is a lot of stuff to blog about....so I am just starting with fall and moving on! We did have a great summer though. We went to the beach, played outside, had a bunch of time outs, had some tantrums (Addie had some too....ha), went to see the Braves, went to see Sesame Street, visited with lots of friends and family and overall, I watched my little girl getting bigger and bigger every day.




We started out this Fall season by heading to a local Dairy Farm. This is our third year going to the farm and every year invites new experiences and this one was no different. Addie got to hold a baby goat and was sooo excited. We graduated from the toddler jumping pillow and both jumped, and fell, on the adult jumping pillow. 4 juice boxes and 4 hours later we realized we should probably head home and get ready for the week. On the way out of the farm we stopped and got some fresh okra from a local farmer. I attempted to make fried okra for dinner Monday night and realized I needed to make another attempt..with a recipe. My second attempt was okra with curry..Mmm..success!



Addie was very excited about watching Rosie being milked this year. She wanted to watch the whole presentation twice! Rosie was more than willing to oblige!









Addie and were both amazed that Rosie could swallow a whole ear of dried corn in about two bites. Wow.




The calves were born a little late this year and were not quite big enough to enjoy the crowds of people wanting to feed them.




I thought Addie was about ready for a nap in this picture but then I informed her there might be someone face painting and she woke up really fast!









The past two years Addie had very little interest in the corn maze but this year she really got into. She thought it was hilarious when we kept hitting dead ends in the maze. I was just glad I brought some water in the maze with us..it was tough..and hot.




As you can see from the red cheeks she was having a great time on the jumping pillow! That thing is really amazing.



Addie was so gentle with this little kid and of course asked if we could take him home.









We finished the day off with a pony ride which Addie also asked "Can we take him home too?"

No comments: